· This is a front desk position which interfaces with students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
· Respond in a prompt and professional manner to all emails, phone calls, and in-person requests and inquiries.
· Receive and process student petitions, providing accurate information regarding the procedure, and ensuring that complete documents are submitted and handled correctly.
· Maintain and organize administrative files and documents. Meticulous record keeping required.
· See tasks to completion, in a busy office setting with frequent interruptions.
· Maintain organized and clear communication with the team of office student assistants.
· Stock office supplies and maintain a clean and organized office.
· Support staff with other general office tasks as assigned.
· This job does not require math skills! All majors/degrees welcome to apply.
· NOTE: Hiring is for a limited number of hours per week, during the remainder of the Fall semester, Winter Break, and Spring Semester 2017.
Depending on work performance and staffing schedules, there is a possibility of increased hours during Summer 2018 and Fall 2018.
Work shifts are 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. Days and total number of shifts is negotiable.
However, the hours of the shifts are non-negotiable (a complete 4 hour shift). Shift attendance is very important.
· Must be a current SFSU student, enrolled at least half-time, and in good academic standing.
· Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
· This job does NOT require math skills! All majors/degrees are welcome to apply.
· Strong interpersonal skills are required, with an ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
· A positive attitude is required. Must work well with others, be able to take feedback constructively, and work effectively with a team.
· This job requires an ability to learn and master large amounts of information quickly. Must be able to reliably and consistently follow and enforce policies and procedures and instructions.
· Familiarity with University policies and procedures is preferred.
· Technical proficiency should include Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and some Access, PowerPoint, fluency with Google (Drive, Calendar, Forms), and creating flyers.
· Must be organized and meticulously detail-oriented.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
· Be a self-starter with an ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
· Strict punctuality and reliable attendance are required.
· Previous office experience or customer service experience preferred.
· Prefer students who have flexible availability starting as soon as possible, and are who available to work during Summer 2018 and beyond.