Thursday, July 13, 2017
Travel & Tourism
Type of Position:
All University students
Days/Hours per Week:
To be determined
Pay is commensurate with experience $20-22/hr
Duration of Position:
Part time Position
Edible Excursions is an award-winning food tour company that offers intimate culinary walking tours in
San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland for private and public groups. The small business startup has been
honored by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce as Small business of the year. We are looking for a
creative, persistent and personable professional to join the team. The ideal candidate will create
customized tour concepts and organize successful custom tours that meet our high-quality expectations
and provide outstanding customer service.
The Custom Tour Coordinator performs a wide variety of marketing, sales and administrative duties. The
ideal candidate develops, sells and manages creative and relevant tour itineraries for private groups. The
Custom Tour Coordinator works closely with the Owner, Operations Coordinator, custom tour prospects,
tour guests, Edible Excursions vendor partners of which there are more than 100, over a dozen tour
guides, and manages the logistics for around 15-20 custom food tour events a month. This role requires
100% accuracy and excellent communication with these six channels. The Custom Tour Coordinator is
responsible for new custom tour concepts, planning and follow-up of all custom tours. This role entails
inside sales and proposal writing for new business. The Custom Tour Coordinator is responsible for
communicating with the Owner on personnel, custom tour clients and partner issues. There are many
perks to this position; chief among them, the chance to sample a lot of good food with the boss.
Applicants should live in the Bay Area, where Edible Excursions’ tours take place.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of written business communication is a must.
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and responsible.
• Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details.
• Enjoys multi-tasking and works well under pressure and independently.
• Proficiency with iCal, Microsoft Office and generally tech savvy.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule. This is not a 9-5 job.
• Gracious and supportive; concerned with the interest of others.
• Ethical, confident, creative, and a positive attitude.
• Takes initiative and makes things happen with minimal supervision.
• Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Excellent time management skills
• Instagram, Instagram Story, Facebook, Facebook Live postings
• Minimum of 3 years of event planning experience
• Minimum of 5 years living in SF, Oakland, or Berkeley
How to Apply:
To apply send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled