- Ability to learn about different companies and industries
- Ability to utilize and practice business skills to contribute to operations of an office
- Potential networking opportunities
Spring 2018 semester - Can be extended to Fall 2018 if a good fit
The Student Assistant will support the operations of the College of Business Career Services & Professional Development through diverse administrative tasks.
- Provide support to the Career Services staff in performing administrative tasks like filing, copying, scanning materials, etc.
- Greet and assist students, staff, and guests that visit the Career Services office
- Answer phone calls and take messages and transfer calls to appropriate staff
- Update Career Services related information in Excel and Access.
- Ensure that there are sufficient career resources and career event information available to students and make copies when necessary
- Inform students about upcoming events and assist in conducting career services outreach via flyers and tabling.
- Create program and event surveys to distribute to students
- Must be a Work Study student.
- Strong customer service skills with a desire to go above and beyond in meeting the needs of others
- Experience working with diverse individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Strong work ethic and reliable
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to take initiative
- Desire to learn and try new things
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
Please send a cover letter, resume, and work availability to Heidi Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org.