Wednesday, July 18, 2018
College of Business - SF State
Type of Position:
Business Building 112
Days/Hours per Week:
Monday – Friday • Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Flexible) • Number of hours: Up to 20 hours per week. • Ideally, students will work 3-4 days per week at about 4-6 hours per day and available between 9 am – 12pm and 1- 4:00pm.
Duration of Position:
1 academic year, if there is a good fit. Start Date: August 2018 (First week of classes)-May 2019
The Student Assistant will support the operations of the College of Business Student Success Center through diverse administrative tasks.
- Greet all students and visitors in a friendly, attentive, and professional manner.
- Support the Director and the advising staff in the CoB Student Success Center (COBSSC) manage the flow of student and visitor traffic at all times. The ability to juggle a high volume of walk-ins, phone calls, and emails during peak periods is critical.
- Work effectively with the diverse SF State community, screen all students and visitors seeking support from the COBSSC, help de-escalate student and visitor complaints when possible, answer general questions, and refer students and visitors to other individuals, offices and services when appropriate.
- Answer and route phone calls daily.
- Check and respond to voicemails and emails daily.
- Make copies of forms, documents, and other materials for the office. Check every day to ensure the office supplies and materials are stocked, clean, organized, and displayed professionally.
- Work cooperatively with all the staff in the COBSSC.
- Perform other duties as assigned to deliver a welcoming environment, supportive resource for students/faculty/staff, and allow the office to operate efficiently.
- Work Study student is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills with a desire to go above and beyond in meeting the needs of others
- Experience working with diverse individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Strong work ethic, punctual, and reliable
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to take initiative
- Desire to learn and try new things
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
How to Apply:
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Albert Koo at email@example.com.