The intern/project coordinator is a non-exempt at-will employee of the San Mateo County/Silicon Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position requires working 20 hours per week. (There is some flexibility in the schedule.) On a few occasions, evening or weekend work may be required.
This position reports to the Community Outreach and Convention Services Manager.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited, to the following: (Responsibilities are subject to review and change as needed.)
- Assisting with the organization of events, including graphic design and creation of flyers, partner outreach and tracking of reservations (Mail Chimp, EventBrite, etc.)
- Playing the main role in securing As Fresh as it Gets award applicants and renewals for the awards, as well as planning the awards event
- Assisting with planning of familiarization tours, travel/food media tours and mixers, as needed
- Conducting research for Bureau projects and flyers
- Assisting with the updating of various pieces of collateral and creation of new collateral
- Organizing various projects and handling outreach for various events, including job fairs, annual meeting, etc.
- Serve as backup in answering and routing phone calls, as well as handling visitor inquiries and requests for collateral materials
- Making deliveries in the local area, if needed. (Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Participating in staff meetings
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong graphics and design skills
- History of highest level of integrity and discretion in past positions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including professional telephone skills
- Must have own transportation
- Proficiency in the use of word processing and database software
- Enthusiastic team player with positive attitude in the position and belief in San Mateo County/Silicon Valley as the premier destination in Northern California
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Ability to work autonomously, once given direction
- Professional appearance and demeanor in greeting guests
- Completes quality work within established deadlines and time lines
- Ability to establish and sustain a positive working relationship with staff, members and clients
- Performs all duties expected
- Reliable attendance habits
Contact Nova Maldonado, email@example.com