Be a part of the newest clothing service for San Francisco shoppers. Hemster is a modernized tailoring experience that empowers customers to create their own size no matter where they shop. We are in need of a Driver/Operations Assistant to join our team! This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly driven self-starter to support a fashion tech start-up.
- The Driver/Operations assistant coordinates and executes day-to-day operations of order processing, asset management, logistics, and fulfillment, while maintaining strong relationships with our vendors and retail partners.
- You will be responsible for delivery and pickup of clothing between retail stores (Hemster Station) and vendors throughout Los Angeles.
- Participate in the coordination of transporting goods between our vendors/customers, as well as flow of goods within the Operations Team.
- Assist with order fulfillment, including preparing and packaging customer orders
- Track product being delivered to vendors and ensure timely processing.
- Assess accuracy of orders from vendors and relay information to appropriate team members when errors are identified
- Management of data entry. Knowledge with Shopify or other POS systems a plus.
- This position reports directly to the City Manager.
- Valid Drivers License (reliable vehicle is a must)
- 1-2 years of Retail experience in operations, inventory, supply chain, or production is a plus
- Must be able to roll up your sleeves and do work! (Did we mention, we’re a start-up?) Candidate must be able to hit the ground running.
- You must be punctual, professional and personable. Effective communication (in all forms) is key, and a passion for learning is of utmost importance
- Strong work ethic, works with a sense of urgency, proven ability in prioritization
- High level of accuracy, and attention to detail, and accountability.
- Ability to multi-task, to set and meet priorities, and to meet deadlines timely.
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Ability to lift up +30 pounds.
- Willingness to travel 90% of the time locally for pick-ups/drop-offs to retailers (vehicle mileage will be reimbursed.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com