Part-time, no benefits offered
3-6 months with future employment opportunity
We’re a new LGBTQ+ owned and operated business from San Francisco – and we’re excited about growing our Plant Pups’ family. We’re excited to be opening San Francisco’s first queer kinky plant shop! Our mission is to create an inviting space where locals can find everything they need to have the perfect Saturday. Work with us in our beautiful light and plant-filled work and retail space in the heart of The Mission!
The Social Media Manager will support Plant Pups marketing efforts focusing on digital content and social platforms. This role requires managing the online presence and brand vision for Plant Pups, specifically focused on content creation and implementation for all social media channels
- Execute the overall online brand strategy, as developed with the company owners
- Provide weekly, monthly, & quarterly calendars for review in advance of publishing
- Create compelling content and stories
- Increase engagement, followers, and online brand awareness
- Own day-to-day management of content creation and posting
- Build strategic marketing campaigns and efforts at a regularly cadence focused seasonally, around events, and to increase product sales and store visits
- Work with company owners to identify the most important social media goals and report weekly on progress
- Knowledge of online retail branding strategies – specifically lifestyle and plant related companies
- Proficient in any necessary platforms and software to complete content and posting: Instagram, Facebook, Photoshop, any emerging platforms
- 2+ years working in social media and digital content – or working toward a degree in Marketing and/or PR, currently enrolled in classes
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief statement about why you'd be a great fit! We're excited to work with students that are interested in learning about and helping small businesses grow.