3 Weeks PTO; Medical/Dental
As a valued member of the CPM Environmental team, you make it possible for the firm to improve its performance across the Bay Area by being innovative and flexible; reporting to work as scheduled; working cooperatively with team members and others; and treating others fairly, honestly and with respect. Your efforts are important to each member of the team, as well as to those we serve.
CPM Environmental is a specialty contractor with its main offices located in the Marina District of San Francisco. This position would report to the Marina District Office. The company currently processes weekly payroll for approximately 30-50 persons with various accounts receivable and payable.
Under the general direction of the President and/or Vice President and Office Manager, the Payroll and Accounting Administrator will process weekly payroll, report payroll hours to various agencies, enter invoices and accounts payable, and prepare weekly statement of transactions for review. We currently use QuickBooks as our bookkeeping system. This person will work occasionally with our Accounting Consultant/Bookkeeper to reconcile financial transactions.
We are looking for someone who is great with numbers and has the ability to cross-check their work for accuracy and completeness. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required. This position will work directly with the Office Manager. We are willing to train the right candidate who possesses the right skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assisting with collection of timesheets and processing of company payroll;
• Support with generating Accounts Receivable invoices;
• Support with general bookkeeping and accounting: processing Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables in QuickBooks; WIP report.
• Assist with processing of business and payroll taxes;
• Assist with processing and distribution of W-2s and 1099s;
• Process weekly payrolls, weekly Certified Payroll Reports, and monthly union dues;
• Staying current with union rate increases;
• Detail oriented, must be able to meet deadlines, and a good team player
• Must be proficient in Excel
• The ability to cross-check their own work for accuracy
• Willing to learn and take on new tasks
Experience in Quickbooks is a plus, but not required