Akin Gump provides administrative and professional staff with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits, including the following:
competitive salaries, adjustments based on performance
paid overtime to non-exempt employees
discretionary merit bonuses
referral bonus program
paid time off
10 paid holidays annually
Health and Welfare Benefits:
choice of medical, dental and vision plans designed to fit individual needs, including coverage for dependents and spouse/domestic partners
firm-supplemented health reimbursement account for plan participants
flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses
employee assistance program
health advocate services
short-term paid medical leave and adoption leave
firm-paid life insurance
firm-paid long-term disability insurance
supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, including coverage options for dependents and spouse/domestic partners
back-up dependent care services
LASIK surgery discounts
Flexible work arrangements
Office: Silicon Valley
Department: Ethics and Compliance Team at Facebook
Reports To: Assigned Attorney(s), Regulatory Practice Manager, Local Manager at Client Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, unless otherwise approved; additional hours as required to fulfill responsibilities
Akin Gump is looking for an organized, ambitious candidate who is interested in gaining incredible exposure to the emerging technology and legal fields. This is a unique opportunity to work with Akin Gump and Facebook as a contract paralegal in Facebook's Global Trade Compliance group for a year. This partnership provides applicants with the best of both worlds: in-house experience with a cutting edge company and the support of an AM Law 100 firm. We are looking for someone with solid academic credentials and a proven work history of proactive, organized, and creative thinking. In return, this opportunity is an impressive resume builder and networking opportunity for those looking to pursue a career in law and/or want to explore the Silicon Valley environment.
After the opportunity ends, applicants are welcome to apply to any existing opportunity at Akin Gump they may be qualified for.
• Undertake a variety of legal research and regulatory monitoring projects.
• Maintain a running trackers of all those cases, matters, projects
• Work with our team to ensure that all new cases are entered in the tracker and are updated regularly
• Assis with preparing regulatory filings
• Triage requests for non-standard contract terms
• Support audit and assessment activities
• Acts as notary for regulatory filings
• Administer compliance training
• Maintain case management projects, legal research library, etc.
• Anticipate and assume responsibility for different staffing needs.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
• Travel, as required by the Practice and/or client.
• BA/BS degree required
3-4 years of work experience required, preferably as a paralegal or related profession