- Paid Vacation / Sick time
- Free Gym Membership
The PJCC is a non-profit agency serving the mid-peninsula for more than 65 years. Members, guests, and staff are as diverse as the area in which we live and the whole community and visitors are welcomed with joy. We support wellness your way ™ at our fitness and aquatics center, day camps, preschool, older adult transportation services, and numerous youth and adult enrichment and Jewish Life programs.
The Graphic Designer will create graphics that articulate our mission and values across digital and traditional marketing channels. This role is responsible for graphics and communications that enable our members, guests, and staff to have meaningful and WOW experiences. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic to work for a community, mission driven non-profit who can see the results of their efforts daily. Must be a self-starter who is able to prioritize the workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy.
The Graphic Designer uses his/her multi-disciplinary experience to design in various platforms.
- Design with a high vision of design for digital and print, guiding our marketing team toward a digital/mobile first mindset.
- Create a range of responsive cross-platform design work including web, email, animated banners, and mobile.
- Advanced knowledge of printing processes required for the production of promotional materials including brochures, booklets, folders, cards, and more.
- Clearly and consistently reinforce PJCC branding parameters, design media accordingly towards appropriate audiences; consult with clients to ensure consistent
- Look and communications strategy.
- Utilize understanding of typography, color theory, branding, photo styling and selection, and design style usage.
- Apply established brand identity and ensure consistency with brand positioning and marketing messages across multiple channels.
- Work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands, tight.
- Deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related area.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in graphic design (must provide a portfolio link showing breadth of work).
• A passion for design and technology and focus on details.
• Strong knowledge of brand and creative processes and digital best practices in design and communication.
• Advanced skills on Mac Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Lightroom.
• Familiarity with WordPress and basic HTML & CSS knowledge is a plus.
• Experience and knowledge of digital design principles.
• Experience creating digital ads, both static and interactive (video or animation)
• Experience creating web graphics and beautiful online experiences
• Familiarity with UX/UI design
• Excellent time and project management skills and ability to deliver in a deadline-driven environment. Must be able to work independently and manage.
multiple projects and people simultaneously.
• Thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production desirable.
• Ability to evaluate content and suggest improvements for most effective designed output.
THE PERFECT FIT
• You excel in both print and digital formats
• You have a passion for great design and are looking for opportunities to innovate
• You enjoy sharing your talents and expertise
• You enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, working collaboratively with others, and are obsessive with details and deadlines
• You have an excellent understanding and usage of Adobe Creative Suite
• You approach your projects with a sense of excitement and urgency
• You are passionate about our mission to serve the community
• You aren’t afraid to think big, and develop ways to make the big ideas happen within budget and time constraints
• You communicate clearly and have strong interpersonal skills
• You “get” the PJCC and our mission
If you believe yourself to be a fit for the PJCC, please submit your cover letter and resume along with a link to your online portfolio. We look forward to learning about your expertise and creative capabilities.
for more details as well as application information.