Another Source’s client, San Jose State University, is recruiting a Director of IT (internally this role is called Senior Director, Customer Service) to join their Information Technology leadership team.
Here’s a little about San Jose State University and the position they are recruiting for:
San Jose State University is a destination for dreamers, innovators and high achievers. Our campus sees countless new discoveries every day—from faculty members cutting-edge research to students who discover new passions in the classroom. SJSU boasts a rich and diverse student body with students from different backgrounds including local standouts, first-generation students, ethnically diverse students, and international students.
The University is proud to offer a generous compensation and benefits package all in an environment where personal and professional development is encouraged.
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The Senior Director, Customer Service reports to the VP/IT & CIO and serves as a member of the senior IT Leadership Team. The position is responsible for overseeing the IT Service Desk, Desktop Support, Labs, Classroom Technology and Support, Access Management and campus Workstation Refresh Program. The incumbent is responsible for defining the strategy and roadmaps for Customer Services support with a focus on service management and end-user satisfaction.
The Senior Director, Customer Service identifies and implements industry aligned metrics to improve service levels and reporting continuously; engages campus stakeholders to measure success; communicates effectively at all levels to ensure solutions are appropriately utilized.
The incumbent represents IT in various collaborative campus and external venues, leveraging them as additional input sources for planning.
- Strategy and Planning- 10%
- Desktop Support- 20%
- Service Desk - 20%
- Classroom and Labs Technology Support 20%
- Personnel Management- 20%
- Other duties as assigned by VPIT and CIO -10%
- Skilled in IT Customer Services leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with executives under high-pressure situations
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise applications, tools and operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, MS Office, AD, conferencing systems, file sync and share tools, hardware, networking, firewalls, printers, monitors, scanners, etc.
- Knowledge in streamlining user device support functions.
- Skilled in managing Desktop as a Service.
- Ability to coordinate a large-scale project.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to establish/maintain customer relationships and interact with team members.
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff
- Strong organizational, budgetary and time management skills.
- Strong combination of skills in strategic planning, analytical and holistic problem-solving, effective communication and coordination
- Collaborative skills to work effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and external support resources to develop and implement appropriate uses of technology.
- Ability to understand complex challenges and lead teams of technologists to deploy appropriate technological solutions that meet campus vision and mission
- Demonstrated knowledge of Desktop/Customer Support operations including emerging technology trends and issues
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, and adapt to frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to resolve problems quickly and determine the cause of problems
- Skills in introducing metrics and data as a basis for operational analysis and decision-making.
- Abilities to introduce operational discipline into ad hoc process areas.
- Knowledge in process and organizational change management.
- Abilities in driving improvements in maturity levels for IT and engineering operations processes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, business discipline or other related area.
- 10 years of progressive experience in Information Technology management position with minimum 3 years 2nd level IT management experience.
- Manage and implement ITIL processes
- Leadership experience in High Education
Please apply using this application link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oJIK9fw4&s=School