In exchange for their service, each Fellow receives the following benefits:
- Living allowance stipend starts at $2,000 per month or more (before taxes).
- End of program award.
- Assistance with putting applicable student loans into forbearance if desired.
- Kaiser Silver Health Care Coverage is offered.
- Extensive professional and personal development training.
- Climate Change Protection Professional Certificate awarded by Skyline College upon completion of training. (Does not apply to Climate Corps AmeriCorps Fellows.)
Fellows will spend the duration of their fellowship learning about climate protection practices, developing professional skills for this field, and implementing projects that galvanize understanding through real-world experience.
- Participate in an initial orientation and ongoing training activities throughout the fellowship
- Directly implement for one or more climate change resiliency projects (assessments, education, or mitigation)
- Build awareness of climate change through outreach and publicity efforts
- Attend community events and presents information as necessary
- Track outcomes and report on efforts to community members
This is a full-time, 10-month fellowship program. We are looking for recent college graduates who have a baseline set of education and experience that they want to build on through this fellowship.
- College graduates with environmental policy, science or planning degrees with an emphasis on energy or climate are preferred, but other relevant experience is considered (internships, volunteer experience etc.).
- A solid foundation of math and science coursework is valuable.
- Classroom experience with energy and environmental policy.
- Community outreach and communications experience.
- This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the community being served.
- U.S. Citizenship. Unfortunately, the structure of our program does not allow for international applicants at this time.