- Doing work that matters
- Working with a diverse team made up of people from all walks of life
- A potential full-time job after the summer
As an account management intern, you’ll support the coordination of 3-4 client accounts, and help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, project timelines and deliverables.
The summer internship program at Blue State Digital is designed to immerse you in every element of the company, from internal creative brainstorms to meetings with our diverse clients, all aimed at providing real-world experience of what it’s like to work at an innovative company and apply real world solutions to real world problems. You will do substantive work on a variety of projects, learn about the history of BSD and highlights of our work and collaborate on a creative project with fellow interns.
On a given day, you might:
- Capture notes and action items from internal and client meetings
- Conduct research to inform new business pitches or how we should guide clients to respond to breaking stories
- Support our internal BSD team to prioritize tasks for a variety of client accounts
- Serve as first-pass QA and final proofreader on client deliverables
- Prepare statuses and agendas to support our work
- Are available full-time (40 hrs/wk) during the duration of our summer internship program (June-August)
- Are available for full-time work after the internship program (seniors or recent grads)
- Organizational and time management skills that can be translated to supporting the management of account teams
- Strong attention to detail. You’re the type of person who proofreads an assignment twice before submitting it
- Shared passion for progressive causes and curiosity for making change
- An empathetic, collaborative and respectful approach to working with BSDers and clients
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to adapt to new situations. (i.e. you have a proactive, problem-solver attitude, and don’t shy away from challenges)
- Professional writing and interpersonal communication skills--and for this role, clarity and concision in written and oral communications are key!
- An interest in digital communications and emerging digital trends
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter answering the following questions at this link: https://www.bluestatedigital.com/jobs/?gh_jid=1629704.
- What are you hoping to learn from a summer at Blue State Digital?
- Who would be your dream client and what digital challenge would you address for them?