The Associate Vice President of Human Resources serves as a key leadership position for the University. The AVP provides dynamic campus leadership and effective day-to-day management in the array of human resource services and programs in support of achieving the strategic priorities of the University. The AVP is central to the University's continued success in the recruitment, development, retention, and advancement of highly-qualified and diverse staff. The AVP reports directly to the Vice President of Administration and Business Affairs and is responsible for the development of University-wide human resource strategies that are effectively implemented through the assigned functions of: Equal Opportunity, ADA Compliance, Talent Acquisition and Management, Classification & Compensation, Professional and Organizational Development, Employment Services, Payroll, Benefits; Retirement, Employee and Labor Relations, and Compliance. The AVP for HR is responsible for provi ding programs and systems that reflect the University's commitment to personal, professional, and team excellence in support of student success.
About Sacramento State: Sacramento State, affectionately called Sac State, is an outstanding and affordable comprehensive university within the 23 campus California State University system. Classrooms, labs, offices, and other facilities are nestled in a 3,500-tree urban forest alongside the American River. Sacramento is the state capital of California and one of the most diverse cities in the nation. As the heart of the region’s higher education community, Sacramento State is dedicated to access, academic excellence, and inclusion. Diversity among our students and employees enriches intellectual discussion inside and outside the classroom, promotes understanding across differences, and better enables the University community to respond to the needs of an increasingly diverse workforce and society. Sacramento State is committed to fostering in all its members a sense of inclusiveness by providing equal access to educational opportunities a nd a welcoming environment. We embrace each other’s strengths and differences through building campus unity. Sacramento’s exceptional cultural, artistic, and leisure opportunities help to enrich the city’s quality of life, contributing to a vibrant metropolitan region.
Learn more about the culture on campus here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJN5e0e1Ip4
This position offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including a tuition assistance program. Benefits include but are not limited to: vacation accrual, paid holidays; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits. For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A broad knowledge of human resource functions.
- Management experience acquired through increasingly responsible positions over a period of 8 or more years in a college/university of comparable size and complexity; state or federal government agency; or the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively as a member of a senior leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience with and/or understanding of human resource information systems and administration.
- A strong commitment to service and personal accountability.
- A demonstrated record of building strong, collaborative relationships across organizational lines.
- A demonstrated history of building a strong, cohesive team that excels in customer service and support.
- A graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Human Resource Management Labor Relations, or a similar or related degree, such as a Juris Doctorate or MBA.
- Understanding of staff, and student employment in a shared governance environment.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements and labor-management relations.
- A demonstrated record of being an effective communicator who can successfully support and advance issues that impact staff, administrators, students and the University in general.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with a unionized workforce and skill in developing effective performance management systems.
- Familiarity with the California State University System.
- Knowledgeable of the methods of process improvement and streamlining of operations through redesign of business practices, performance measurement, and progress assessment methods as applied to individuals, teams and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational change efforts utilizing stakeholder input while engaging and developing team members.
- Conditions of Employment
- Ability to pass background check
- California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas.
Please apply using this application link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=odUF9fwF&s=School