Benefit Information: http://sfdhr.org/benefits-overview
Under general supervision, performs professional level personnel work in one or more of the following areas of activity: recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, and departmental personnel programs.
This class utilizes the deep class concept and encompasses multiple levels of responsibility from entry through the fully experienced journey professional level. Incumbents with little or no experience in the duties of the class perform beginning-level professional work and perform at increasingly higher levels of responsibility that require a commensurate higher degree of ability and initiative as experience is gained. Fully experienced Personnel Analysts may be initially assigned the higher-level duties. This class is distinguished from Senior Personnel Analyst, which is the advanced journey level in this series and is assigned more difficult and complex work, may lead projects, and may supervise a small group of clerical/technical personnel.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
According to Civil Service Commission Rule 109, the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this job code/class and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
1. Administers and maintains the classification plan; designs and implements recruitment and selection plans; prepares class specifications in compliance with relevant laws and guidelines and insures consistency within class series and job families; and reviews personnel requisitions to ensure compliance with the classification plan.
2. Collects and analyzes data to determine important/essential duties and position allocation criteria; and interviews employees and supervisors to elicit and/or clarify job information and organizational relationships.
3. Conducts classification and salary surveys to determine prevailing classification and pay practices; collects, compiles and analyzes classification and wage data; conducts Charter mandated salary surveys; interprets and administers provisions of memoranda of understanding; implements pay provisions of arbitration awards, mediated and grievance settlements; and reviews, analyzes, and processes requests for special pay premiums in accordance with provisions of multiple memoranda of understanding.
4. Participates in the collective bargaining process by conducting compensation surveys to support the development of City's proposals; compiles salary and benefit data; researches compensation, classification and benefit plan data; and prepares comparability analyses and various reports in support of negotiation and arbitration.
5. Produces lists of eligibles for City employment: conducts job analyses, organizes recruitment activities, reviews employment applications, develops and administers selection devices, analyzes results, establishes passing scores, and creates eligible lists.
6. Provides information to departmental representatives, labor organizations, managers, employees, applicants, other agencies and the general public; interprets and explains personnel rules and policies; investigates allegations/complaints of unfair employment practices; and represents employing department on personnel matters before boards and commissions and in meetings with other departments.
7. Responds to appeals or protests of personnel decisions and/or procedures; and prepares and submits reports to the Civil Service Commission and may present the case before the appellate body, hearing officers or arbitrators.
8. Prepares written materials including letters, reports, memoranda, and forms with the aid of a computer.
9. Assists in the development and maintenance of a departmental personnel program including hiring, training, performance evaluation, compensation, discipline and termination; prepares reports and analyzes data on position vacancies, workforce composition, and staffing needs; and provides consultation and information to managers regarding personnel issues.
10. Coordinates processing of personnel transactions; reviews requests to fill positions; directs and reviews the preparation of personnel requisitions; tracks the certification and selection process; directs and participates in the processing of appointments; and receives, reviews and processes personal services contracts.
11. Performs related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Must possess a Bachelors Degree in related field.
Please email your resume to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org or call to discuss the position here: (415) 554-2883.