This is a paid internship, and not a benefited position.
The marketing and social media intern is responsible for executing Castro Valley Marketplace’s (CVM’s) marketing strategy, working across key social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This is a 6-month paid internship (flexible but anticipated 8-20 hours per week).
• Increase the number of followers/likes on CVM’s social media platforms by following and engaging with CVM’s consumers, tenant businesses, and local community (artists, makers, community groups) to build awareness leading up to Summer 2019 grand opening.
• Posting updates on CVM’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, including reposting content from CVM businesses and local food media on CVM accounts as appropriate.
• Respond to CVM incoming emails and social media comments and messages/comments promptly.
• Work with project partners and tenant businesses to ensure profiles and contact lists (particularly social media accounts) are accurate, connected with CVM, and up to date.
• Support content marketing (email, social media, etc.) and update editorial calendar via Trello.
• Track key analytics on a monthly basis including site visits, impressions, new followers, email list growth, etc.
• Help with live community events, meetings and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Proven written communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team, some of whom are remote/offsite.
• An interest in marketing, communications, social media, and reputation management.
• Familiarity with key social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp) and Microsoft Office a must.
• Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
Please send an email explaining why you are interested in this internship, your best estimate of availability to work (hours per week and/or days of availability) during the months of February through August 2019, and a resume/CV to email@example.com.