Business Development Associate (BDA) helps to originate and process small business commercial real estate purchase finance in the Bay Area. The BDA works with a team of Business Development Officers (BDO's) at U.S. Bank's San Francisco Office. The SBA (Small Business Administration) loan program provides government-backed commercial loans to small businesses for Commercial Real Estate purchase, expansion, and business acquisitions.
This is an excellent opportunity to have significant responsibility in a competitive entry-level position in banking/commercial real estate at a high profile San Francisco office (#1 Office in the Country). The BDA will gain exposure and provide financing to many different types of businesses, from trade to real estate to retail to tech. Although prior accounting or cash flow experience is not required, the Credit Analyst (BDA) should have quantitative aptitude to be able to learn and assess business financials quickly.
The job is fast-paced and can be stressful at-times due to deadlines and expectations as a top office in sales/business development. The position has a significant amount of autonomy and responsibility while still working as a team. Great exposure and opportunity for growth.”
- Work directly with BDO throughout loan process from complete packaging to loan closing
- Act as Credit inter-mediator for Sales team
- Analyze and resolve credit/financial analysis issues for BDO in initial analysis
- Work directly with Credit and Closing department to address credit and Closing issues in the underwriting process with clients
- Cash-flow analysis and other preliminary financial analysis of business and personal tax returns and statements
- Guidance of SBA eligibility to clients and other business partners
- Support marketing and new business prospecting with commercial real estate brokers, and other referral sources. Some networking functions will be included as the candidate grows.
- Knowledge of tax returns and basic financial Statements/account a plus for cash flowing (not required)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills—particularly with the ability to explain difficult financial information to the layperson; Excellent customer Service
- Ability to juggle an at-times heavy and quickly shifting workload
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Analytical and Credit skills: candidate will have the opportunity to undergo bank’s Credit training
Please send resume and correspondence to email@example.com.