Full benefits package:
- Profit sharing
This position supports the attorneys in the estate administration practice area. This includes assisting the practice area with trust and estate administrations, client support and coordination, file management, preparation and processing of legal compliance, documents, general document production, and file management activities.
- Attend initial client meetings, summarize background facts and information, assist attorneys with obtaining relevant client information and/or documents, organizing client information and documentation, and document intake.
- Preparation of legal compliance documents, including but not limited to service of legal notices and submission of legal compliance documents to appropriate agencies.
- Scan/copy and transmit documents to clients and file maintenance.
- Collection and inventory of estate asset information, valuation of estate assets utilizing firm’s existing EstateVal valuation software, and other accepted firm protocols.
- Support attorneys in handling all aspects of an estate administration client matter, including but not limited to: communicating with client, professional colleagues, financial institutions and/or others relevant to case matter.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of required Court pleadings, manage traditional and electronic Court filings, attend to communications with Court as required and provide support to attorneys for Court hearings.
- Draft correspondence and client documents as needed.
- Preparation of federal estate tax returns, Form 706 and/or federal gift tax returns. Form 709 as required.
- Maintain and facilitate ongoing coordination and communication with supervising attorney to facilitate high level of support to attorneys and clients.
- Prepare and/or file all documents necessary to affect distribution of estate assets to beneficiaries and close out the estate.
- Various other projects as assigned by Attorneys.
Bachelor degree and Paralegal certificate or equivalent. Paralegal support experience required. Existing Notary Public commission helpful.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Director, Roberta Chopra at: