Draper University (DU) is looking for an incredibly detail-oriented Program Coordinator (PC) to run day to day operations and logistics for its entrepreneurial and startup programs in Silicon Valley. PC is responsible for a broad range of activities that support students at DU. This position is service and student oriented with the primary goal of ensuring DU students, speakers, visitors and mentors receive excellent support and customer service and ensuring all program activities run smoothly and efficiently.
Reporting to a Program Director, you be required to live on site and you will be provided a single room for the duration of the contract. You will also have access to an ecosystem of entrepreneurs, corporates, startups, investors, and VCs.
- Run operations and logistics for residential program(s) at DU, including but not limited to our entrepreneurship programs and executive education programs
- Help plan and execute DU curriculum each term; including but not limited to preparation, coordination and management of speakers, events, activities, facilities and students and/or all activities related to them
- Serve as the face of the program for DU students, alums, speakers and mentors by actively engaging with students to lead activities (including some weekends and evenings if/when required), responding to queries and actively assisting students, alumni and all involved parties and communicating regular program updates, events and other matters of importance.
- Provide assistance, coordination, and leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of the program(s)
- Manage day to day activities to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives of the program
- Carry out some administrative duties to ensure smooth office operations
- Support and interact with students and contribute to student development, including enforcing student disciplinary measures as they arise
- Help set the long term strategy for the direction of the company and its programs
- Contribute to a diverse, open-minded, and innovative community of staff and students
- Program planning, development, implementation, and leadership skills
- Experience in event management
- Superb organizational skills; detail-oriented (on the verge of a perfectionist)
- Ability to be both an independent self-starter and a supportive team player
- Eagerness to wear multiple hats and jump in wherever needed (we are a startup after all!)
- Experience running an educational and/or residential program
- Prior work experience in a startup environment
- Interest in startups and entrepreneurship
- General knowledge of Silicon Valley and the latest tech trends
Submit a resume and cover letter to Katie Russel at firstname.lastname@example.org