Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
● In close partnership with Director, California Policy & Partnerships and the Policy, Climate and Energy, and Water teams, execute Ceres’ strategy for California state policy work, including advancing policy to further smart water management and promote clean transportation, clean energy, and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Responsibilities include:
o Work closely with Director, California Policy & Partnerships to implement an identified strategy on state policy.
o Collaborate with CA-based coalitions and NGO partners.
o Help develop and cultivate relationships with key state policymakers and NGOs.
o Organize all policymaker education events and meetings.
o Research and analyze relevant policy opportunities.
● Support Ceres’ work with companies in California, including outreach and engagement with California-based companies and companies with a California market presence that are committed to advocacy and sustainable business practices. Responsibilities include:
o Keep up to date with sustainability-related developments at partner companies.
o Identify success stories on sustainability.
o Support team on the management of existing company relationships.
o Educate corporate partners on key policy issues through webinars, conference presentations, and written communications.
o Mobilize companies on key advocacy opportunities.
o Contribute to communications and network maintenance for Ceres BICEP, Connect the Drops, and Investor Policy Working Group networks.
o In collaboration with Policy and Company Network teams, identify and develop relationships with potential business advocacy partners.
● Support in outreach and dissemination of Ceres’ work in California, including designing and implementing workshops, webinars/conference calls, newsletters and other multi-media communications to reach existing and new donors, funders, NGO partners or other collaborators.
● Partner with Communications and Marketing team to:
o Support development of op-eds that highlight the role of business and investors in advancing sustainability (including significant written work product).
o Execute engagement events with companies, investors, and policymakers.
o Track and communicate specific results of Ceres’ work and that of our partners.
● Assist with planning for the Ceres annual conference and other events.
● Coordinate with other program teams as needed to accomplish organizational objectives.