The intern will assist Yolo County Parks Division staff to create a social media outreach program, cultivate unique Parks branding, and design materials for the Parks Division website, as well as participate in and coordinate a variety of additional communications and marketing tasks for the Parks Division, such as tabling at community events and developing multimedia materials like photos and/or videos. Candidates can expect to gain a wide range of recreation and parks programming experience while working on a variety of Parks activities.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and engaging in a variety of social media platforms to promote Parks Division activities, resources, and destinations
- Developing and writing material for brochures, flyers, press releases, website, and social media
- Assisting Parks staff in community outreach events, presentations, and/or public meetings for residents and organizations as needed
- Creating a social media toolkit to cultivate a unique Yolo County Parks brand to promote to residents and organizations
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed
- Must be enrolled in a college or university (two- or four-year program) or a recent graduate to be considered.
- Flexible schedule, in office and field settings; must be available some evenings and weekends for Parks events
- Strong social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Ability to work under supervision as well as independently
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite or similar
- Valid driver’s license and ability/willingness to drive a County vehicle for work-related tasks