To be confirmed
January - May 2017
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers, creating and delivering highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, and market intelligence to provide valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses, and organizations worldwide.
The Knowledge & Networking Division incorporates all Informa’s training, learning, conference, advisory and congress businesses. It organizes content-driven events and programs that provide a platform for communities to meet, network and share knowledge. It runs around 3,000 conferences and training events across the globe each year, covering a range of subject areas.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Work as part of a fast-paced, innovative team in the technology sector on one of the top performing portfolios of events in the USA focused on the Internet of Things. The position offers fantastic growth and development opportunities for the right candidate.
The role is responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager on planning and executing marketing campaigns to meet key business objectives and to ensure the campaigns are delivered to the highest standard, on time, and within budget.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
· Audience numbers onsite at the event
· Event revenue performance
· Digital channel performance – email and ad metrics
· Visitors & engagement on event website
· Customer feedback and survey data
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Proactive and a self-starter
· Excellent team player
· Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to generate new ideas and processes to improve marketing campaign effectiveness and ROI
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Experience with digital marketing channels such as email, social, SEO, PPC
· Strong copywriting skills
· Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
· Experience working on events or B2B marketing is preferred, but not required
· Degree in marketing, communications or another closely related subject preferred, but not required
Internal: Head of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Campaign and Content Marketers, Sales managers, and Event Producers
Direct reports: None
· Assist with the delivery of multi-channel marketing campaigns in line with the event objectives
· Support the production of marketing collateral, including brochures, print advertisements, web banners, emails etc.
· Produce high quality copy and content for use on websites, emails, ads etc
· Assist with updating the event website
· Work closely with sales and event productions teams to promote the event through key sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers
· Support the generation of leads for the sponsorship and attendee sales teams
· Work with key association and media partners to secure external promotions for events to broaden reach and exposure of events
· Analysis and evaluation of marketing campaigns to improve performance
· Perform research on the competitive landscape
· Assist key event set-up tasks in various internal systems
· Research and attend relevant industry ‘meetups’ to increase event exposure
· Monitor schedules/deadlines during all phases of promotions
Please email Nicola Allen on firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter