The perks include attending some great events if timing works out and constantly being surrounded by delicious food.
af&co. is a dynamic communications agency that caters to the hospitality and restaurant industry. We are looking for a Social Media Intern to roll-up his/her sleeves and join our passionate team. The internship will be very hands-on and the intern will be working closely with our Social Media Manager to help our agency grow our social media offerings as well as provide outstanding service to our clients.
You'll learn a lot, but in return, we ask that you really participate. We're looking for someone who is passionate about hospitality marketing and social media -- we will really teach you but are also open to hearing your ideas. The internship spans 3 months (some flexibility in making it longer) and requires a minimum of 3 days a week, about 20 hours a week. We are flexible in terms of working around school schedules but do require about 15-20 hours a week so you get the most out of the internship. Our spring internship program begins in January and are flexible on the start date.
- Create monthly social media calendars for multiple accounts
- Post to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter daily
- Manage each account (includes responding, commenting, and actively engaging)
- Assist with on-site photoshoots
- Analyze and track statistics for each platform
- Strategize campaigns and contribute fresh ideas to implement
- Research local influencers for potential partnerships
- Keep up on social media news, trends, and tips for maximizing engagement
- Must be currently enrolled in college and can receive credit. This internship is non-paid, but we offer school credit.
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms
- Experience with MS Office including Word and Excel
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong caption game
- Graphic design/Photoshop/Lightroom skills a plus
- Must love food and know about all things food
- Must be able to work in our San Francisco, CA office
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, creative in problem-solving, and highly organized and detail orientated. We won't lie -- there will be a lot of administrative work, but you'll also be involved in fun and creative hospitality marketing projects.
Email Allison Tong at email@example.com