This intern position is for a highly motivated individual seeking to gain work experience in their profession of study. This internship position will perform various accounting duties and tasks in the day-to-day operations of a Corporate Accounting Department, supporting a number of accounting functions including accounts payable, fixed assets and general accounting and administration. They will also have educational meetings with members of the Finance and Accounting group to hear and discuss areas that they won’t be directly working in such as planning/budgeting, etc., as well as learn general office work skills and tools.
(May do some or all of these duties):
· Data entry in Oracle accounting system (including fixed assets, general ledger and accounts payable).
· Process fixed assets data in Oracle including monthly tagging, quarterly disposals and retirement information.
· Coordinate accounts payable invoice and payment process
· Match checks with invoices/distribute payment information
· File accounts payable and accounts receivable invoice and/or payment information
· Compare sales order information to customer purchase order information.
· Receive, sort, forward the incoming mails. Filing and archiving old files for storage
· Special projects using Excel or MS Word.
· No prior accounting experience required. Training will be provided.
· Excel and/or computer skills
· Good accuracy
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work efficiently both individually and as an integral part of a team
· Enjoy interacting with people; a fast learner and strong self-starter
· Good work ethic
· College student with major in Accounting, who has completed their sophomore year.
How to Apply:
Students can apply by going to this site, and then clicking the button “Apply Online”