Vacation and Sick Pay
Reports to: Controller
Location: San Francisco, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: N/A
Start Date: Sept 2017
Salary Range: DOE
About Us (our brag!)
CB Engineers is a boutique engineering consulting firm that provides Design Build, Design Assist and Full Plan Design Services for HVAC and plumbing systems, fire protection, electrical power and distribution systems, building automation controls, life safety systems, emergency power and UPS systems. We emphasize globally and socially responsible design, and continuously strive to maximize efficient energy and optimize water usage in all our projects. Our work realizes our conviction that engineering can enliven people and vitalize communities and we forge novel relationships among people and built environments.
We Engineer Environments for Smarter Living
From our humble pencil and ruler beginnings in 1958, we at CB Engineers have prided ourselves on bringing an unparalleled level of experience and creativity into each and every one of our projects. With the passing of time and the evolution from blue prints to 3D computer models, we have continued to uphold the very same attention to detail and a commitment to our clients that have cemented us as a leader in the design-build world. From sustainability consulting to our innovative R&D projects, we are continually redefining the engineering space.
Some of our projects include Disney Aulani Resort + Spa, Square Corporate HQ, One Rincon Hill, Gap HQ, Seattle Seahawks Centurylink field and many more!
Our Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the Accounting team and will ensure that all financial transactions are completed timely and accurately. The Staff Accountant is responsible for handling day-to-day accounting processes and financial information and will assist in the monthly and quarterly close process.
What you’ll do!
• Cash Management - Assists with cash management. Ensure proper recording of incoming cash receipts and make bank deposits as required.
• Maintain General Ledger in accordance with US GAAP.
• Balance and post cash receipts and cash disbursement journals to general ledger using Deltek Vision accounting system.
• Maintain Fixed Asset detail schedules.
• Prepare well-supported account reconciliations to ensure integrity of account balances. Research and propose resolution for discrepancies or identified issues.
• Manage Accounts Receivable including processing and posting customer payments, invoicing, collections, preparing aging reports and reconciling A/R to the GL monthly.
• Manage Accounts Payable which includes posting invoices, paying bills, coding accurately to the appropriate expense accounts, preparing checks and maintaining vendor files.
• Project Cost Management - Maintain project management records electronically and prepare project management reports.
• Act as key point of contact for clients and internal staff regarding accounting and billing questions by providing informed and researched information.
• Provide a level of expected confidentiality in maintaining company policies and ideals.
• Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
• Carry out special projects and all other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Core Competencies – Who you are!
Client Focused. You are always keeping our clients happy by identifying their needs and exceeding their expectations.
An Effective Communicator. You convey information and ideas in an engaging and persuasive manner.
Flexible and Adaptable. You readily adjust to and agreeably accommodate changes in circumstances.
Curious and Clever. You are always eager to learn or propose the best solution.
Analytical. You live for data and love to solve complex problems.
Passionate. You believe in the mission to bring sustainable engineering to the world.
A team player. You actively participate as a member of the team to move the team toward the successful completion of goals.
Driven for Results. You accomplish goals and exceed performance expectations with energy, enthusiasm and perseverance.
Skills + Experience – What you’ll bring!
• 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a professional service-related industry. Construction or Engineering is a plus!
• Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Understanding of A/E industry project accounting methods and practices is preferred.
• Deltek Vision Accounting experience is highly preferred.
• Ability to meet deadlines with a high attention to detail. A love for working in a detail-oriented environment is a must!
• Proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office. Advanced usage of Excel is a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com