Do you have a flair for marketing and a passion for history? Consider this internship opportunity at our headquarters location in the Yerba Buena Cultural District in San Francisco.
As a Marketing Intern, you will work with members of the Strategic Initiatives team on projects critical to enacting CHS’s public history mission. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Strategic Initiatives, you will learn about all facets of CHS’s communications efforts, including print and digital marketing, social media, email, and public relations. You will learn about and participate in the development of marketing and communications projects, envisioning and executing marketing campaigns, and helping to publicize and promote the work of CHS.
1. Participate in department and interdepartmental meetings relative to marketing and communications initiatives.
2. Assist with research for and preparation of external communication pieces, including an email newsletter, social media and website content.
3. Participate in strategy discussions to set ad campaigns.
4. Gain knowledge and expertise with the Google AdWords platform, and create first drafts of ads.
5. Communicate with other departments for resources and input relative to ads.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to juggle multiple priorities, self-manage, and meet deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel
• Ability to perform detailed work with accuracy and high quality
• Ability to collaborate with others well
• Undergraduate degree in progress (at the upper division level) in marketing, business, journalism, public history, or related fields
Interest in California history really helpful
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ; and be sure to put the position title in the subject line.
The California Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity among its staff.