- Competitive salary and early stage equity
- Employer-paid medical, dental & vision benefits
- Excellent 401(k) Match
- Visa Sponsorship: None
The Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring that teams’ expenses are properly recorded as part of our accounting close process. This entails running reports in Concur (our expense management system), calculating accruals, and following up with teams to ensure proper expense coding to projects. This role will also be an inherent part of the expense review and approval process that precedes the closing of the books. In addition, you will be responsible for the cash disbursement process, making payments through wires and ACH payments.
As the specialist for this area, you will own the tools through which expense management and cash disbursements occur. Ensuring user-friendliness for our users and improving the process that Concur supports will be the goal, along with building proficiency maintaining a relationship with our banking contacts. While we do not consider project management as a prerequisite for the role, there will be opportunities to hone these skills as a result.
Lastly, since a large part of our business is project-based, expenses are not the only important part of our expense management process. Timekeeping and resulting labor expense management is equally critical, and we have consolidated some components of that process into the scope of this role. This specifically means you will also be keeping an eye on proper timekeeping, as coding time to the right project is equally important as it is for other expenses. You will be working closely with the project accounting manager and the payroll team for that.
Along with progress, we envision this entry level position to evolve into helping out in other areas of accounting too. We are expecting you to grow with us, and enable you to round out your experience to move onto the start of an awesome career in our finance team! This role is an individual contributor role and reports into the accounting manager.
- Manage all aspects of the Accounts Payable & Expense Reporting/Reimbursement process (paperless process for maximum efficiency)
- Maintain vendor records in our ERP system and cloud-based data storage site
- Communicate with vendors and staff regarding cash disbursements and project expense allocations
- Reconcile company credit card accounts
- Provide support during procurement process and AP automation implementation, which will involve research and data extracts from our current ERP system and bank account administration portal
- Maintain various balance sheet reconciliation schedules
- Other GL support which may include accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, sales/use tax, business registration and filing, financial audit selections, and more
- One of us: BS in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- You’re wise: This is an individual contributor role.
- You speak our language: We use Deltek Costpoint as our ERP, but don’t expect proficiency with it at the onset.
- We get you and you get us: Well developed verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to communicate issues to your teammates is essential.
- You get it done: Good time and project management skills – be able to ask for help when needed. Developed Excel skills are key.
- Hey! I’m flexible: Ability to work in a team environment, picking up where others need help, and being able to ask for help when it is needed.
- There is no I in Team: Works effectively across functions to resolve problems.
- Preferred qualifications
- Experience working in a government contractor and/or SaaS environment
- Desire to learn
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills including v-lookups, pivot tables, index match, complex formulas, and other functions
Apply at http://metabiota.com/careers/