Opportunity to see films before their release date and a fun work environment!
Allied-IM San Francisco is currently seeking dedicated and enthusiastic interns for our office. Typical intern duties consist of helping publicists and coordinators with the planning and execution of various local and national promotional events and screenings for upcoming films, researching specific target audiences, and assisting with all the day-to-day workings of the office. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and develop a better understanding of the film industry with an emphasis on publicity and promotions.
Follow and complete marketing directives outlined by Allied-IM on behalf of film studios such as Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Walt Disney Studios, Universal Pictures, Weinstein, Focus Features, and 20th Century Fox.
- Establish promotional relationships with Bay Area university and college radio stations, newspapers and other campus clubs and organizations.
- Develop promotional relationships with off campus nightclubs, retailers and other community organizations.
- Act as a representative at advance movie screenings and other events.
- Full-time student with an interest in marketing and communications preferred.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, ambitious, organized, resourceful, intuitive and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Additional desired characteristics include having a desire to learn, an outgoing and enthusiastic personality, passion for film, and a punctual and responsible nature.
- This is a fast-paced environment and therefore, you must thrive under pressure and have a strong sense of urgency!
- The candidate must also be proficient in Microsoft Office and internet research, and possess the ability to follow directions and meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel to other Bay Area universities via own vehicle and/or public transportation.
- Work 10 to 20 hours per week. Work at least 12 hours and 2 events from Allied-IM’s San Francisco office.
Email a cover letter and resume to Natalie at NCarey@alliedim.com