Those seeking careers in international development, education, or the non-profit sector will receive valuable training and are highly encouraged to apply.
We're a very small and friendly non-profit organization. Our interns will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and directly impact our organization's major projects. VADF currently runs one of the highest ranked high schools in South Sudan. In a country where only 27% of the population can read and write and less than 1% of girls and 5% of boys graduate from high school, secondary education is extremely important in developing the world's newset country.
- Interns are responsible for a variety of tasks.
- Creativity and a can-do attitude are necessary to succeed.
- Making changes to the website, contributing to social media, participating in correspondence with donors, and organizing volunteers are just a few of the day to day tasks that our interns do here at the VAD Foundation.
- Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- A strong and proven work ethic, and the ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Good working knowledge of standard computer software, Microsoft Word and Excel, and internet research.
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Prior interest in African issues, especially Sudan-related issues.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Yvonne Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org