If you have additional accounting-related links you'd like us to include on this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unions on the Net
- American Federation Of Labor-Congress Of Industrial Organizations
- American Federation Of State, County, And Municipal Employees
- Amalgamated Transit Union
- Air One Pilots Association
- American Federation Of Teachers
- American Postal Workers Union
- International Brotherhood Of Teamsters
- International Alliance Of Theatrical And Stage Employees
- International Association Of Machinists And Aerospace Workers
- National Air Traffic Controllers Association
- National Education Association
- National Postal Mail Handlers Union
- National Writers Union
- Newspaper Guild
- Office And Professional Employees International Union
- Service Employees International Union
- Sheet Metal Workers International Association (SMWIA)
- United Electrical Radio And Machine Workers
- International Union Of Electronics Workers
- United Food And Commercial Workers
- Union Of Needletrades, Industrial And Textile Employees
- United Mine Workers Of America
- United Steel Workers Of America
- United Auto Workers
Other Labor Studies Programs
- School of Industrial Relations and Labour Management PAKISTAN
- Government Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Purdue University Division of Labor Studies
- St. Josephs University Labor Studies Dept.
- Labor Studies Division SSSP, U.C. Davis.
- ISUB Division of Labor Studies
- College of Urban, Labor, and Metropolitan Affairs.
- Daniel Glenday, Professor, Department of Sociology & Director of the Labour Studies Program, Brock University
Labor Studies Organizations
The Labor Project for Working Families
This nonprofit organization assisting labor unions across the country with work and family issues. The Labor Project provides information and technical assistance and maintains a large database of resources on union-related work and family issues such as child care, elder care, alternative work schedules and family leave. For more information, visit our website at http://www.working-families.org/
Cornell University School of Continuing Education
Hard Miles Music
Hard Miles Music is devoted to restoring folk music and art to their rightful status within the labor movement. We are an independent record label presenting music which springs from the hearts of those who have traveled down life's highway.
The UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairswas established in 1994. It houses three academic departments: Policy Studies, Social Welfare, and Urban Planning. Its newest degree program is the Master of Public Policy. It also offers an undergraduate minor in public policy and undergraduate courses in all of its departments.
Seven research centers reside within the school: the Center for Child and Family Policy Research, the Center for Communication Policy, the Center for Health Policy Research, the Institute of Industrial Relations, the Lewis Center for Regional Policy Studies, the Center for North American Integration and Development, and the Institute of Transportation Studies.
The Dean's Office houses academic support, external relations and outreach programs, UCLA Policy Forum, Media Relations, the Advanced Public Service Institute, and the Founders' Board.
LabourNet promotes computer communications as a medium for strengthening and building organised labour. We are in the forefront of using the resources of the internet to provide communications, news and information for the labour movement.
Use the EDGAR search engine for company 10K forms and tons of information
Stock Master is a great source of information about publicly traded companies.
How To Unionize
The following list of companies may be helpful for bargaining and organizing efforts:
- Visit the Securities and Exchange Commission site to see corprate filings. Proxy statements are listed as DEF 14A. Go to "Search the EDGAR Database," then "Search the EDGAR archives." Download the WordPerfect conversion utility found at the "Tools and Utilities" link. http://www.sec.gov
- Company financial data with links to company websites. http://gsionline.com
- Wall Street Journal's company briefing books have background, recent news, stock charts and financial data. http://info.wsj.com
- The Multinational Monitoring website
- Capsule summaries of public companies with links to websites and financial reports. http://www.hoovers.com
- Wall Street Research Net. One-stop shopping for company research links. Type in the stock ticker symbol and get links to your company in these categories: Company; News; Graphs/Charts; Research, Reports and Summaries; Value Added. http://www.wsrn.com
- Use for hard-to-find information on private companies in a few dozen cities. http://www.amcity.com
- H-Labor WWW Site http://h-net.msu.edu/~labor/
- Institute for Research on Labor and Employment: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/IIRL/iirlnet.html#start
- DOL Historical Information