International Business Department {College of Business}

Image: Photos of SF State students

Programs : Study Abroad

The Department of International Business strongly encourages its students to participate in San Francisco State University's study abroad programs and take advantage of the opportunity to live and learn in a foreign country.

CSU-International Programs

This one-year study abroad program is offered through the CSU Chancellor's Office and is open to students at all 23 CSU campuses. Programs are available in Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and Zimbabwe. Although some programs are designed for language studies, in most cases, students who apply are expected to have sufficient knowledge of the language of the country to be able to take university courses.

Bilateral Exchange Programs

This is a one- or two-semester university exchange abroad that have special agreements with SFSU and the College of Business. At many universities, business courses are offered in English; students also have the opportunity of studying the language of the country. Programs are available in Argentina, Germany, Korea, Canada, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Taiwan, France, Japan, and the United Kingdom.


Students who participate in these programs pay their regular tuition at SF State and earn resident credit for their courses abroad. Financial aid applies to these programs. In addition, business courses are offered at many of these universities. Students studying abroad in CSU International Programs or in an SFSU Exchange Program may develop a special international business concentration with their advisors before going abroad.

Who to Contact

Office of International Programs

  • Location: ADM 450
  • Phone: (415) 338-1293
  • Email:

Information sessions are held regularly throughout the year.

If you decide to apply to any of these programs, please visit your International Business advisors to discuss how your coursework abroad can be used in your major.

SF State Home