About : Mission
The Department of International Business (IBUS) provides students with the concepts, skills, and experiences to become 21st century global leaders in Pacific Rim commerce, responsible corporate citizens who are culturally aware and professionally ready to pursue transnational careers.
We strive to be considered among the international business "colleges of choice" by students by providing high-quality learning environment that is anchored on basic/applied research, a deep appreciation of cultural diversity, and superior service. Specific mission-driven strategic directions that flow from our vision include the following goals designed to continuously improve the quality of international business education provided to our students.
The IBUS departmental goal is to have all faculty members engaged in quality research. Our faculty members have received many best paper awards at conferences and journals. Many have won teaching, research and faculty of the year awards.
Every year we produce a steady stream of journal, conference proceedings, book and other publications. We cover a variety of critical research topics such as:
- comparative cultural values
- work beliefs and attitudes
- cross-cultural values
- international aspects of innovation
- international strategic alliances and joint-ventures
- public diplomacy
- problem-solving perspectives on strategy
- strategic fit
- technology management
- strategic human resource management and global leader development
- organizational learning
- competence and resource based strategies
- cultural differences in workplace strategy
- cross-cultural management
- high technology marketing
- international business (global branding, international product launch, joint venture performance)
- consumer welfare issues
- consumer welfare in South Asia
- Behavior decision theory