J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation HTM Global Student Career and Professional Development Program
The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation HTM Global Student Career and Professional Development Program at San Francisco State University provides Hospitality and Tourism Management students with personal, individualized career counseling in the College of Business building, room 137.
The goals of the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation HTM Global Student Career and Professional Development Program focus on:
- expanding the development of students’ professional skills, including written and oral communications, leadership training, business etiquette, cultural and global awareness
- strengthening students’ abilities to self-manage their careers through programs grounded in self-analysis, résumé development, practice interviewing, and job searching skills
- enhancing interactions between students and industry professionals through on campus career events and networking opportunities, on-campus interviews with employers, and contacts with international companies
- providing recruitment opportunities for hotel management companies, with a special emphasis in the placement of international students who return to their home countries
- broadening the availability of internship opportunities for domestic and international students
- support alumni after graduation with job placement and create professional networks for alumni
SF State’s Hospitality and Tourism Management Department and the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation are dedicated to preparing students for successful careers in the global hospitality and tourism industry.
Laura Shroder, Director
Hospitality & Tourism Management
College of Business
San Francisco State University
(415) 405-4149, LShroder@sfsu.edu
More career services at San Francisco State University
The Student Involvement and Career Center (SICC) is an integral campus resource for career services, leadership development opportunities, major programs, and events.