Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
1-Day Executive Education Program
Finance is the language of business.
Finance for Non-Financial Professionals Program aims to familiarize the non-finance professional with fundamental principles of a company’s financial structure. Advance your potential by gaining concrete knowledge of a corporation’s financial standing. Come learn from a dedicated professor in an atmosphere of like-minded professionals.
This interactive program is designed for participants to learn the fundamentals and best practices of financial management. In learning the financial structure of a company, it becomes important to recognize and avoid common financial management statements and their use. This program provides a solid foundation and introduction to financial management as well as the latest tools for practical application in the real world. College professor with in-depth experience in financial management will collaborate with participants in case studies and team work.
Event ticket costs $250* USD. Please register at the Eventbrite
A 10% discount is given for taking both classes: Investments and Time Value of Money and Finance for Non-Finance Professionals. Current SF State students and alumni and those who register early will receive a special discounted price. Program pricing and dates subject to change.
* This ticket includes light refreshments throughout the day.
Who Should Attend
Our session is intended for driven and enthusiastic individuals looking to gain effective finance and accounting skills in order to become better contributors. A session open to those interested in understanding the decision-making process of investing and capital budgeting. Obtain a rich introduction of financial documents essential to understanding a company’s reach for current and future projects. Become acquainted with the language and data utilized in upper-management positions. Participate and become confident in your ability to lead your company to the next level of financial decisions.
- Learn basic financial management terminology and gain practical insights
- Understand how to read basic financial statements
- Avoid common financial management pitfalls and mistakes
- Understand basic spreadsheet analysis for publicly-traded companies
- Learn how to prepare and understand budgets relevant to your department or project
- Learn how to use financial management as an effective planning and scheduling tool
- Why financial management?
- Basic terminology
- Common financial statements
- Basic financial ratios
- Budgeting process
- Common financial planning pitfalls
- Basic spreadsheet analysis
- Return on investment
- Scenario analyses
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus
835 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103