You are invited to become a College of Business Fellow
The SF State College of Business Fellows Program prepares students to become job-ready for internships and full-time job opportunities by providing them with necessary tools, skills, and resources. Fellows are introduced to a network of connections and support that comprises peers, SFSU staff, faculty, alumni, and Bay Area business professionals. This fall, 22 students successfully completed the first semester in the Fellows Program. Here are some of their testimonials:
Thank you for letting me be part of the Fellowship program! It has been extremely helpful, informative and exciting! - Marketing Graduate Student
I would love to continue with the program next semester. I learned a lot and enjoyed all of it. Thank you! I’m scheduled to register for classes December 11 so I’ll make sure to leave Wednesday nights open for the Fellows class. See you next year! - Junior International Business Student
I am looking forward to coming back for next semester's Fellows Program. Thank you. - Senior Accounting Student
The College of Business will randomly select 38 new Fellows from the pool of applicants to join the Spring Program. The new candidates will join the 12 continuing Fellows from the Fall Program.
All 50 Fellows will attend the Welcome Reception, the six group sessions, an individual career counseling session (required for new Fellows, optional for continuing Fellows), and the Closing Reception.
Sessions will include leadership and interpersonal skills training workshops, as well as speaker sessions with executives from leading businesses. Fellows will also take the Belbin Team Inventory.
Space is limited in this highly sought after program. Check your class schedule and only consider applying if you are fully committed and available to attend every session There is no additional cost to students accepted into the program.
The Spring Program application deadline is 5:00 pm, Friday, January 16, 2015.
Meetings will be held on the following Wednesdays throughout the semester from 5 to 6:20pm at the SF State Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street, 6th Floor, 94103:
- Feb. 11, 2015 – Welcome Reception
- Feb. 18, 2015 – Belbin Team Roles Workshop
- March 4, 2015 – Industry Speakers: Luanne Calvert, VP, Marketing & Communications, Virgin America, and Tarrell Gamble, VP, Capital Markets, Blaylock BV
- March 18, 2015 – Communication Skills Workshop
- Apr. 1, 2015 – Problem Solving/Teamwork Skills Workshop
- Apr. 15, 2015 – Critical Thinking Skills Workshop
- Apr. 29, 2015 – Industry Speakers: James Kauffman, President, U.S. and Canada Full Service Hotels, The Americas, Marriott International, Inc., and Clara Brenner, CEO and Co-Founder, Tumml
- May 6, 2015 – Closing Reception
Fellows will be provided with a link to the Belbin Assessment and asked to complete the brief (20 minutes maximum) assessment by February 11th. New Fellows will schedule required 1-hour individual career counseling appointments, and continuing Fellows may schedule a 30-minute optional appointment. This one-on-one time can be used to discuss career next steps.
You must be a currently enrolled junior-level, senior-level, or graduate-level student in the College of Business for the spring 2015 semester.
You are required to attend all of the scheduled program sessions.
Professional attire is expected at each session.
Value of the CoB Fellows Program
- Provides Fellows with tools, networks, and experiences to transition to job-readiness
- Distinguishes Fellows as members of a select group to prospective employers
- Cultivates valuable peer connections as members of a unique and growing network
Email Heidi Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.