Associate Professor, Marketing
Mahmood Hussain, associate professor, joined San Francisco State University in fall 2002. He received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2000.
His background includes professional experience in marketing research and an M.B.A. degree. He also taught at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder prior to joining SF State.
His current teaching interests are marketing management and strategy, marketing research, consumer behavior, and international marketing.
His research interests include marketing decision support systems, teaching marketing research and Internet marketing.
Office Hours: TTH 1-3
Location: SCI 366
Advising Duties: Undergrad
- PhD (2000), University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.A. (1996), University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.A. (1994), University of Hawaii at Manoa
- M.B.A. (1990), Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka
- Marketing Decision Support Systems
- Online Consumer Behavior
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing in Developing Countries
- Marketing Innovations
- Atlantic Marketing Association
- Amarican Marketing Association
Honors and Awards
- Dean's Intellectual Contribution Fund, CoB, SFSU (2003)
- Vice President's Assigned Time, SFSU (2003)
- Eric Bovet Fellowship for Outstanding Research, UC Boulder (2000)
- University Fellowship Award for outstanding academic qualifications (1994 and 1996)
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship (1992-94)
- Vice Presidents's Affirmative Action Award, SFSU (2004)
- Business and International Education Program Grant, USDOE, 2005-2007 (April 2005)