Minu Kumar is an Associate Professor of Marketing at San Francisco State University (SFSU). He received a B.S. in Pharmacy from the Government College of Pharmacy (Bangalore University, 1996), M.B.A. (Concentration in Pharmaceutical Marketing, 2002) and a Ph.D in marketing (minor: pharmaceutical marketing, 2008) from the University of Mississippi. His primary scholarly interest lies in the area of New Product Development (NPD).
- B.S. in Pharmacy (1996), Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, India
- M.B.A. in Pharmaceutical Marketing Management (2002), University of Mississippi
- Ph.D. in Marketing (2008), University of Mississippi
- Product Design and Development
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Organizational Information Processing
- Innovation Research
- Conference Co Chair (With Barry Bayus) for the 2013 PDMA Annual Research Forum
- SFSU President's Award for Research (Fall 2012)
- AMA Summer Conference 2011 Track Co-Chair (New Product Development and Entreprenuership Track)
- Overall Best Conference Paper (AMA summer educators conference 2010)
- Best paper in the track AMA summer educators conference 2010
- 2006 AMA Sheth Doctoral Consortium Nominee (University of Mississippi)
- 2006 MSI competitive research grant awardee
- 2005 University of Mississippi Summer research Grant awardee
- 2005 SMA Doctoral Consortium Nominee (University of Mississippi)
- Product Development Management Association
- American Marketing Association
- Academy of Marketing Science
- Society of Marketing Advances
- Karnataka State Pharmacy Council
- Design Management Institute
- Industrial Design Society of America
- Pharmaceutical Market Research Group
Gulnur Tumbat received her M.B.A. degree from Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey. After working as a business analyst for Turkish Aerospace Industries for two years, she got her Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from University of Utah, David Eccless School of Business where she worked with Professor Russell W. Belk. (She also holds BSc and Msc in Environmental Engineering, and published in the same field before getting her MBA and changing her career).
- B.S (1996), Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- M.S. (1999), Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- M.B.A. (1999), Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Ph.D. (2005), David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Risk Marketing
- Consumer Culture
- Marketplace Dynamics
- Coskuner-Balli, Gokcen and Gülnur Tumbat (2017) “Performative Structures, American Exceptionalism, and the Legitimation of Free Trade,” Marketing Theory, 17(1), 31-50.
- Tumbat, Gülnur and Kent Grayson (2016), “Authority Relinquishment in Agency Relationships,” Journal of Marketing, 80, 42-59.
- Tumbat, Gülnur and Russell W. Belk (2013), “Co-construction and Performancescapes,” Journal of Consumer Behavior, 12, 49-59.
- Tumbat, Gülnur and Russell W. Belk (2011), “Marketplace Tensions in Extraordinary Experiences,” Journal of Consumer Research 38(7), 42-61. **Recipient of the Sid Levy Award for the Best CCT Article Based on a Dissertation, 2nd Place.
- Tumbat, Gülnur (2011), “Co-constructing the Service Experience: Exploring The Role of Customer Emotion Management,” Marketing Theory 11(2), 187-206.
- Belk, Russell W. and Gülnur Tumbat (2005), “The Cult of Macintosh,” Consumption, Markets, and Culture, 8(3), 205-217. **One of the most downloaded 25 articles from the Consumption, Markets & Culture during 2009-10. **The 3rd overall most cited publication from the Consumption, Markets & Culture as of 2015.
- Assocation for Consumer Research Doctoral Symposium Faculty Mentor, Association for Consumer Research Conference, San Diego, CA, October 2017.
- Advertising Education Foundation, Visiting Professor Program Fellowship @ Ogilvy & Mathers in Manhattan, New York, NY, June 2012.
- The Sidney J. Levy Award 2nd Place for The Best Consumer Culture Theory Dissertation Article published in 2010, 2011.
- San Francisco State University Professional Development Council Mini-Grant Award, December 2006.
- 39th AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Texas A&M University, College Station-TX, June 2004.
- University of Utah, David Eccles School of Business, Global Business Program Scholarship for Dissertation Research, 2004.
- First Place People's Choice Award for the video Towards a Meaningful Identity: The (F)Utility of Lifestyle Research, ACR Film Festival, Association for Consumer Research Conference, Toronto, Canada, October 2003.
- 12th Robert Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium Fellow, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Department of Marketing, March 2003.
- Association for Consumer Research
- American Marketing Association
- Consumer Culture Theory Consortium
Professor Wang enjoys teaching marketing research and international marketing. Her current research interests include pharmaceutical marketing, retail management, corporate social responsibility and application of Bayesian models to marketing problems. Before joining academia, she was a research manager for Procter and Gamble, Asia.
- Ph.D. (2003), Purdue University
Ian Sinapuelas was awarded a Ph.D. in marketing from Purdue University in May 2007. His teaching experience includes MBA-level marketing management at the German International Graduate School of Management and Administration in Hanover, Germany, as well as several business courses during his time at Purdue.
- B.S. in Mathematics (1995), Ateneo De Manila University
- M.S. in Economics (2000), Purdue University
- Ph.D. in Marketing (2007), Purdue University
- AA in Liberal Study (1985), College of San Mateo
- B.S. in International Business (1992), San Francisco State University
- M.B.A. (1994), San Francisco State University
Mahmood Hussain joined San Francisco State University in fall 2002. He received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2000.
His background includes professional experience in marketing research and an M.B.A. degree. He also taught at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder prior to joining SF State.
His current teaching interests are marketing management and strategy, marketing research, consumer behavior, and international marketing.
- M.B.A. (1990), Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka
- M.A. (1994), University of Hawaii at Manoa
- M.A. (1996), University of Colorado at Boulder
- Ph.D. (2000), University of Colorado at Boulder
- Marketing Decision Support Systems
- Online Consumer Behavior
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing in Developing Countries
- Marketing Innovations
- Dean's Intellectual Contribution Fund, CoB, SFSU (2003)
- Vice President's Assigned Time, SFSU (2003)
- Eric Bovet Fellowship for Outstanding Research, UC Boulder (2000)
- University Fellowship Award for outstanding academic qualifications (1994 and 1996)
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship (1992-94)
- Vice Presidents's Affirmative Action Award, SFSU (2004)
- Business and International Education Program Grant, USDOE, 2005-2007 (April 2005)
- Atlantic Marketing Association
- Amarican Marketing Association
Judi E. Strebel joined us in fall 2000 as an assistant professor. She had taught for three years at the University of Arizona after receiving her Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley. She teaches marketing and marketing research, which complement her research in marketing models and purchase behavior in high tech industries.
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
Sanjit Sengupta joined the College of Business in 1996. Former chair of the Marketing Department, Sanjit now oversees implementation of current graduate programs and development of curricular innovations. Before coming to San Francisco State, Sanjit taught at the University of Maryland, College Park. His research and teaching interests include marketing strategy, product innovation, and high-technology products and services. In the early 80s, Sanjit worked in marketing in the nascent personal computer industry in India.
- Ph.D. (1990), University of California, Berkeley
- New product development and technological innovation
- Strategic alliances
- Sales management
- International marketing