California Hotel and Lodging Association Scholarships
College of Business : Scholarship Detail : California Hotel and Lodging Association Scholarships
Are you a candidate for a CH&LAEF Scholarship?
- Are you enrolled in a lodging management or hospitality program?
- Are you working in the lodging or hospitality field? Are you looking to jump start or expand your career? If so, you are probably a candidate for a California Hotel & Lodging Education Foundation Scholarship.
The Foundation administers four academic scholarships:
- General Scholarship
- The Kevin Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- The Richard Schroeck Scholarship
- The “Working Professional” Scholarship
How it works…
- All of our scholarships are “self nominated”. This means that you can apply directly for our scholarships. Your school doesn’t need to be affiliated with CH&LA and you do not need to be nominated.
- Find out which CH&LA Education Foundation scholarships are right for you!
- Complete the application online at www.calodging.com or or apply by mail.
Instructions and policies for all applicants:
- All applications must be filled out properly and the correct documentation attached.
- All applicants should be California residents.
- All scholarships are self-nominated.
- An interview will be required (either in person or by phone)
- Scholarships are awarded in the range of $500 to $1,500 per academic year to successful applicants.
- All applicants must have graduated from high school with a 2.7 or better GPA (based on the four point system)
- Each scholarship is for one academic year. They may be renewed by re-application. For transfer or university students, the scholarship will be activated after the first completed semester.
- All scholarships are merit based, however, if two candidates are otherwise equally qualified, preference may be given to applicants demonstrating a financial need.
- Failure to meet all requirements may cause the CH&LA Education Foundation to revoke a scholarship and/or be repaid by the recipient.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2011. Winners announced by May 31, 2011.