Mark Juliano is currently teaching as an Adjunct Professor at San Francisco State University. He is also the President and Founder of The Nutra Foundation and The Juliano Foundation, both non-profit organizations dedicated to nutritional information and resources, nutritional products, etc. The foundations also contribute to medical research, education, children's welfare among others.
Mark has been a successful entrepreneur for over 25 years, having started 8 different companies in a variety of industries including health care, Internet technologies, social networking, software and telecommunications. He is also a writer, poet, and artist and is currently publishing a 50-poem book accompanied by original paintings by the artist Ron Oden. His book -- Poetic Memoirs -- is expected to be published in the Fall of 2011. Mark's other hobbies include sailing, skiing, hiking, and traveling.
Mark has also been an Adjunct Professor at Carnegie Mellon University since 2000 teaching Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Strategic Business Planning.
Mark has worked for the following companies:
- Co-founder and CEO with Vinomis Laboratories, a nutritional supplement company
- Co-founder and Sr. Vice President with TalkShoe, an Internet company
- Founder and President of Renaissance Consulting, a technology strategy and marketing consulting firm
- President and CEO of Haley Systems, the technology leader in the enterprise software.
- Co-founder and CEO of MediaSite, an Internet video start-up (sold to Sonic Foundry)
- Vice President of Marketing and Vice Chairman with AVIDIA (sold to PairGain)
- VP of Marketing with FORE Systems, the worldwide leader in high-speed ATM networking products (completed a highly successful IPO).
- Mr. Juliano has also held management positions in technology companies based in Silicon Valley and Washington D.C. including N.E.T., T.T.C., and ROLM.
He holds an undergraduate degree in Engineering from Princeton University and an MBA from Stanford University.