CSU Student Research Competition
News + Events : CSU Student Research Competition
Announcing the Twenty-Second Annual
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
STUDENT RESEARCH COMPETITION
SF State Campus Competition
February 25-March 7, 2008
CSU System-wide Competition
May 2-3, 2008
California State University, East Bay
The Twenty-Second Annual California State University Student
Research Competition to be held at California State University, East
Bay, is intended to recognize outstanding student accomplishments in
research throughout the CSU system in the following categories:
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Biological and Agricultural Sciences
- Business, Economics, and Public Administration
- Creative Arts and Design (creative projects are welcome)
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health, Nutrition, and Clinical Sciences
- Humanities and Letters
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
WHO MAY APPLY
Undergraduate and graduate students currently
enrolled at San Francisco State University, as well as alumni/alumnae
who received their degrees in spring, summer, or fall 2007 are
eligible. The research presented should be appropriate to the studentâ€™s
discipline and career goals. Proprietary research is excluded. Research
involving human or animal subjects must have an approved protocol on
file with the Office for the Protection of Human and Animal Subjects.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants may access the Student Delegate Registration Form and the Student Research Competition Procedures and Guidelines on the Graduate Studies website at www.sfsu.edu/~gradstdy.
- Applicants must submit an original and five copies of both the
registration form and a written summary of the research, not to exceed
five double-spaced pages. Use fonts and margins that ensure legibility.
Appendices (bibliography, graphs, photographs, or other supplementary
materials) may not exceed three pages. Materials are due in the
Division of Graduate Studies office (ADM 250) by Monday, February 18, 2008.
- Applicants will make an oral presentation of their research to be
scheduled on Feb 25â€“March 7, 2008 before a panel of judges and an
audience. Entries will be judged on clarity of purpose, appropriateness
of methodology, interpretation of results, value of the research or
creative activity, ability of the presenter to articulate the research
or creative activity, organization of the material presented, and
presenter's ability to handle questions from the panel of judges.
SF State will provide funds for travel for students selected to
represent SF State at the system-wide competition to be held at CSU
East Bay, on May 2 and 3, 2008. If you have questions about the
Competition, please contact Dr. Lisa White (email@example.com; ADM 250, 405-4211).