Graduate Students : Executive MBA : Financial Aid
Financial aid in the form of student loans is available to students who have been admitted to the Executive MBA Program.
To apply for SF State assistance in obtaining financial aid you must contact both Barbara Hubler, director of the Office of Student Financial Aid at SF State, and the Executive MBA office as soon as possible.
SF State Office of Student Financial Aid
It is important that you work directly with Barbara since she personally handles all EMBA students. If you try to go through the regular on-campus financial aid channels, you will be unsuccessful.
Barbara Hubler, Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (415) 817-4320
Need-Based Student Loan
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Please complete the FAFSA and request that SF State receive a copy. Once you receive confirmation from the federal processor that your application has been processed and has been sent to SF State, please inform Barbara Hubler.
EMBA students who do not qualify for a need-based subsidized student loan may want to consider an alternative loan, such as P.L.A.T.O.
Using private lenders is very simple and very similar to FAFSA except for one detail—none of the private lenders forgive interest payments while the student is in school, however most will defer interest payments until graduation. Most EMBA students may not qualify for the FAFSA waiver of interest payments while in school because of their income levels.
Students provide verification of enrollment to the lender, but otherwise the University is not involved either in certifying the loan application or disbursing the funds. Students receive funds directly from the lender.
Here is a list of private lenders you may wish to contact:
- P.L.A.T.O. Higher Education Loan: 800-go-plato, (800-467-5286)
- Bank of America: 800-344-8382 https://www.bankofamerica.com/
- CitiAssist (Citibank): 800-745-5473 https://www.studentloan.com/
- Key Education Resources: 800key-lend www.key.com/educate
- Sallie Mae-Signature: 800-695-3317 http://www.salliemae.com/
- Wells Fargo: 800-658-3567 https://www.wellsfargo.com/
- Contact and inform the EMBA Office that you are seeking financial aid.
- Contact the lender of your choice and arrange for a loan.
- Send completed paperwork to Terry Ramirez in the Office of Student Financial Aid. This step can be skipped if you get a P.L.A.T.O. since the university will not be involved in the loan process.
- Contact the EMBA Office again. Tell us you have completed the financial aid process.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid will then verify that you are enrolled in the EMBA program.
SF State Financial Aid Contact Person
Office of Student Financial Aid
Student Services Building
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132-4011
Phone: (415) 338-2610