College of Business {College of Business}

Image: Photos of SF State students

Innovations in Making Mergers and Acquisitions Work

News + Events : Innovations in Making Mergers and Acquisitions Work

Event
Innovations in Making Mergers and Acquisitions Work
Date
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Time
8:30am - 5:00pm
Address
SF State Downtown Campus, 6th Floor
Detail

If 75% of all mergers and acquisitions (M&A) fail to achieve their financial or strategic objectives, what makes the other 25% succeed?

Why You Should Attend

You'll learn from the experts and share insights with other attendees engaged in M&A programs:

  • Learn the human, cultural, and organizational factors that matter most in eventual M&A success
  • minimize employee distraction from performance during M&A and how to maximize commitment to the new organization
  • See how culture clash between parties can actually be used to enhance M&A performance
  • Share your experiences with experienced M&A experts and others with similar issues and opportunities
  • Apply lessons learned from the workshop directly to your M&A program
  • smartly manage integration planning and implementation to realize desired synergies and build a new organization that is truly more than the sum of its parts

Who Should Attend

This fast-paced practical workshop will appeal to both M&A veterans and newcomers:

  • Senior executives who want leading-edge advice on how to chart a course for their mergers and acquisitions
  • Middle managers who need to keep work teams focused during change and transition
  • Integration managers who are charged with the combination planning and implementation processes
  • Human Resources, communications and other professionals who offer support to leaders and employees through the process
  • Business owners who want to buy or sell a company
  • Experienced acquirers who want to build an internal core competence in M&A in their organizations
  • Novice buyers who are planning an acquisition or who are in the midst of one
  • Executives and managers who want to recover from a merger or acquisition that produced undesirable results


Share this event:

SF State Home