Associate Professor, Marketing
Subin Im is an associate professor of marketing at San Francisco State University. He received his Ph.D. in marketing from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in 1999. He worked at the University of Washington, Tacoma before he joined SF State in 2003.
His primary scholarly interest includes the organizational aspects of innovation, creativity and innovation, new product development for marketing strategy, the consumer side of the innovation adoption process, and research methodology using multivariate statistical techniques including a structural equation model.
Professor Im is an expert and a leading scholar in the management of creativity, innovation, and new product development and cross-functional teams.
Office Hours: On Leave, Fall 2013
Location: DTC 584
Advising Duties: Undergrad
- B.S. (1984), Yonsei University, Seoul, S. Korea
- MBA (1990), State University of New York, Buffalo, NY
- Ph.D. (1999), University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Innovation management
Honors and Awards
- Reearch Fund Award from Simjae Foundation of Culture, Seoul, Korea (June 2003)
- Reearch Fund Award from Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan (July 2003)