Professor, Decision Sciences
Robert Saltzman teaches courses in operations management, decision modeling with spreadsheets, simulation, and statistics in the College of Business at San Francisco State University.
He earned his Ph.D. in operations research at Stanford University (1989), and holds a bachelor's degree in applied mathematics from Brown University (1981). His research interests are in applied optimization and animated simulation modeling.
Office Hours: TTH 1-3pm (BUS 205C); TH 5:55-6:25pm (DTC 593)
Department: Decision Sciences
Location: BUS 205C/DTC 593
Advising Duties: Advisor-UG/Grad
- Ph.D. (1989), Stanford University
- Sc.B. (1981), Brown University
- Animated Discrete Event Simulation Modeling
- Applied Optimization Modeling
- INFORMS: Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper in College of Business Working Paper Series, 1999-2000 (May 2000)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 1996-97, College of Business (Nov. 1997)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 1992-93, School of Business (Nov. 1993)