Undergraduate Students : Advising
One Stop Help for Undergraduate Students
The College of Business Student Services Center was established in 1999 as a centralized advising center for undergraduate business students. The center's services have been continuously expanded to meet changing student needs.
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m. for lunch)
Phone: (415) 405-3531
Fax: (415) 338-0598
Student Services Center, BUS 112
College of Business
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
Advising Services and Guidance
Critical advising junctures for students include:
- entrance to the business major as a freshman or transfer student
- course equivalency for students interested in studying abroad
- pitfalls like academic probation
- completing the major and a concentration
- preparing for graduation
Center staff cover all these and more, including special guidance for international students.
Updated frequently, the comprehensive Undergraduate Students web page allows undergraduate students to solve many problems for themselves with information about:
- business programs
- advisor availability
- course substitution matrices and articulations
- scholarship information
- core and concentration progress review forms with a GPA calculator
- interaction with the staff through e-advising.
Each year the center offers more than 20 orientation sessions for freshman and transfer business students.