Undergraduate Students : New Student Orientation
The College of Business requires ALL new business students entering San Francisco State University to attend a New Student Orientation to ensure that they receive:
- Complete advising on General Education, the business core and concentration requirements, and understand successful course sequencing and grading policies.
- An ASE or DARS report at Orientation(*) instead of mid-semester. These reports show all transfer courses accepted at SF State and how they fulfill GE requirements.
- Advising on business prerequisites and core transfer courses. This is accomplished by submitting a transcript from previously-attended colleges so that a Course Substitution Form can be completed by the College of Business, Student Services Center. The completed form will serve to show course prerequisites for more advanced courses.
- Class-scheduling assistance—what to take the first semester and how to use Gator Reg online.
There are three ways to satisfy this requirement:
- Attend a New Student Orientation on the SF State campus. For dates and times and to register, see SF State New Student Programs.
- Attend a New Student Orientation in Brea, CA (near Fullerton). For dates and times for orientation and registration information, see SF State New Student Programs.
- Complete an online New Student Orientation under special circumstances, i.e., live farther than 2-1/2 hours from SF State, live out of state, or are an international student not yet in the U.S. A special circumstances does not include working full-time!