Academic Departments : Overview
On This Page
- Decision Sciences
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Labor and Employment Studies
Accounting programs prepare students for careers in public accounting, industry, government, and not-for-profit. Degrees, minors, and certificates include:
- MS in Accountancy
- MBA, Accounting Emphasis
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Accounting
- Minor in Accounting
- Certificate in the Study of Public Accountancy
- Certificate in the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
For more information see the Accounting Department site.
Decision Sciences programs focus on forecasting, simulation, and other powerful quantitative tools that support managers' decisions. Degrees and minors include:
- MBA, Decision Sciences Emphasis
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Decision Sciences
- Minor in Decision Sciences
For more information see the Decision Sciences Department site.
Economics programs prepare students planning to enter careers in business management, government service, and in non-profit organizations, or serve to fully prepare students for advanced graduate and professional study in economics, business, public policy, urban and regional planning, law, and other related fields. Degrees and minors include:
- MA in Economics
- BA in Economics
- Minor in Economics
For more information see the Economics Department site.
Finance programs prepare students for careers in private business, the public sector, commercial consumer banking, and financial services. Degrees and minors include:
- MBA, Finance Emphasis
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Finance
- Minor in Corporate Finance
- Certificate in Commercial Real Estate
For more information see the Finance Department site.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality Management prepares students in the management of businesses that are an integral part of a dynamic and rapidly growing hospitality industry such as restaurant and food service management, hotel management, conventions and meeting management, tourism management and other areas. The program provides students with excellent theoretical knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to successfully attain outstanding management positions in many emphasis areas:
- Hotel Operation Management
- Restaurant and Catering Management
- Conventions, Meetings and Event Management
- Hospitality Labor Relations Management
- International Tourism Management
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship Management
For more information see the Hospitality and Tourism Management Department site.
Information Systems programs focus on systems and tools to create, store, exchange, search, and/or manipulate information. Degrees, minors, and certificates include:
- MBA, Information Systems Emphasis
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Information Systems
- Minor in Information Systems
For information on the SAP Recognition Award Certificate Program, see http://erp.sfsu.edu
For more information see the Information Systems Department site.
International Business programs prepare students to be managers and leaders in organizations that operate in global markets.
Degrees, minors, and certificates include:
- MBA, International Business Emphasis
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in International Business
- Minor in International Business
- Certificate in International Business
For more information see the International Business Department site.
The labor and employment studies program provides students with an introduction to and understanding of the study of labor and employment relations, broadly defined. Degrees and minors include:
- BA in Labor and Employment Studies
- Minor in Labor and Employment Studies
For more information see the Labor and Employment Studies Program site.
Management programs provide students with a broad background in the overall management of the business enterprise. Degrees and minors include:
- MBA, Management Emphasis
- MBA, Sustainable Business Concentration
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Management
- Minor in Management
For more information see the Management Department site.
Marketing programs provide excellent training for the highest levels in an organization. Degrees and minors include:
- MBA, Marketing Emphasis
- BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Marketing
- Minor in Marketing
For more information see the Marketing Department site.