About : Dean's Development Council
The Dean’s Development Council supports the dean and the College of Business in fundraising, business and corporate engagement opportunities, and general promotion in support of the mission of the college.
Specifically, the council enables effective partnerships between the business community and the college in integrating business education with real-world innovations, developing a pipeline for student careers and faculty research, and developing sources of investment in support of the goals of the college.
The development council shall be comprised of individuals appointed by the dean of the College of Business. Every effort will be made to ensure that membership of the council reflects the diversity of the college, the campus, the region, and the State of California.
Generally, members are selected based on their status and experience as senior-level executives, business leaders/owners, entrepreneurs or community leaders. Each member is expected to contribute time, talent, and financial support. The Council will have alumni representation, although no set proportion of alumni is required.
Current Council Members
- Kimberly Brandon, Senior Vice President/Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Sharon Collins, Fundraising Consultant, Former Assistant Dean, College of Business, SF State
- Albert Dixon, Director, SF Small Business Development Center
- Mary Huss, Publisher, San Francisco Business Times
- Gilman Louie, Partner, Alsop Louie Partners
- Barry Mainz, Chief Operating Officer, Wind River
- Tom Paton, Senior VP, California Bank & Trust
- Joel R. Redmon, Regional Director, Real Estate Investments, MetLife
- Phil Schlein, Venture Partner, US Venture Partners
- Christopher T. Wagner, Director, Private Banking USA, Credit Suisse Securities (USA), LLC