Recognizing academic and professional excellence in business since 1913
Lifetime membership is Beta Gamma Sigma means benefits at each stage of your career—in college, looking for that first job, promotions along the way, and upper management.
If you've earned the invitation to lifetime membership in the society, you've earned a helping hand throughout your career.
The Value of Membership
Lifetime membership is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a baccalaureate, post-baccalaureate or doctoral program in business at a school accredited by AACSB International.
The mission of Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business and personal and professional excellence in the practice of business.
There are numerous great reasons for students to accept the invitation to lifetime membership in Beta Gamma Sigma.
Beta Gamma Sigma is the world's first truly global honor society in business, and membership is increasingly recognized as a mark of academic excellence wherever you are. It is truly a great honor to be recognized among "the best in business."
Graduate schools are actively recruiting BGS members
For qualifying students interested in pursuing a graduate degree in business, MBA programs are increasingly seeking the “BGS” credential for their applicants. Graduate program directors and admissions personnel are recognizing the value of recruiting “the best in business” so be sure your potential members know. MBA (and other graduate) programs are looking for them and working with Beta Gamma Sigma to get the word out.
Career Enhancement through BGS CareerCentral
Beta Gamma Sigma membership offers a "step up" with many employers who recognize the importance of honor society membership. In addition, Beta Gamma Sigma offers its members exclusive use of the BGS CareerCentral Job Board. Here members can connect with employers wishing to hire only the best students of business. Be sure to encourage your newest members to post their resumes on BGS CareerCentral and look through the posted jobs for excellent career opportunities.
Member benefits entitle members to receive one-year subscriptions of BusinessWeek, Fortune and The Week magazines: All new members of Beta Gamma Sigma—students, faculty, etc.—are eligible to receive the BusinessWeek subscription, which provides all new members a one-year subscription in either the print or digital format. For those with a U.S. mailing address, Fortune and The Week offer a similar one-year print subscription. To get all the details, visit the Member Benefits section of BetaNet at http://www.betagammasigma.org/benefits.htm.
Online Networking Connections with the "Best in Business"
Those who choose to join Beta Gamma Sigma, choose to join a very select group. Members of Beta Gamma Sigma have a proven record of academic and professionalexcellence, and are a great resource for new members to tap into. To facilitate these connections online, the BGS Central Office has established groups on two of the internet's largest and most recognized networking sites—Facebook and LinkedIn. These groups are exclusive to Beta Gamma Sigma lifetime members and create a conduit for networking and discussion with other individuals who share the unique distinction of being the "Best in Business."
In addition to BusinessWeek, Fortune and The Week, there are other valuable member benefits available only to student members. These include the Student Leadership Forum (http://www.betagammasigma.org/studentforum.htm) and BGS Scholarship Program (http://www.betagammasigma.org/scholarshipprogram.htm). Find out more about these programs and be sure to offer them to your very best students.
Affiliate Discount Programs
Beta Gamma Sigma has assembled an impressive list of member benefit and discount programs, including discounts at The Princeton Review, Kaplan CPA Review and Test Prep, and Becker Test Prep. To see the entire list of BGS member benefits, visit BetaNet at http://www.betagammasigma.org/benefits.htm.
Membership to Beta Gamma Sigma is by Invitation Only
Each September and January, eligible graduate business students (MBA, MSBA, MBA for Executives), and eligible seniors are invited to become members. Once a year in late January, outstanding advanced junior-level students are invited to join.
You should set as your goal becoming a member of Beta Gamma Sigma. Membership is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in an undergraduate, master's or doctoral program at a school accredited by AACSB International.
Advanced Master students with:
- 3.75 G.P.A. or above
- 21 credits earned and recorded at SF State University
- completed seven 800-level courses
Advanced Senior students with:
- 3.50 G.P.A. or above
- at least 105 credits earned and recorded at SF State University
Advanced-level juniors are also invited to become members in January:
- 3.65 G.P.A. or above
- 75-89 credits earned and recorded at SF State University
Transfer students who meet the qualifications for membership may be inducted after they have completed a minimum of one full year of full-time work (or its equivalent in course work) in the College of Business, provided their overall record, in the judgment of the collegiate chapter, is of Beta Gamma Sigma caliber.
Connect with Beta Gamma Sigma Online
As a lifetime member of Beta Gamma Sigma, you are part of a global network of business leaders and high achievers.
Are you part of the BGS LinkedIn Group? If not, go to www.betagammasigma.org/linkedin. Once you are verified as a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, you will be free to start networking with other members.
Follow Beta Gamma Sigma on Twitter! Visit www.twitter.com/bgshonorsociety
BGS, Mu Chapter
BGS San Francisco Area Alumni Chapter
As a member of Beta Gamma Sigma International, you are able to join the San Francisco Area Alumni Chapter. There is a nominal annual fee; please visit their website for more details.
- Beta Gamma Sigma SF Area Alumni Chapter
- Join the SF Area Alumni Chapter's LinkedIn group
- SF Area Alumni Chapter Scholarship Program
- Dual BGS-SF Alumni Chapter & SF Chamber of Commerce Membership
- Member Benefits and Program
- Prospective Members
- BGS International Exchange magazine
- BGS CareerCentral
Administrators and Faculty
- Linda Oubre, Harvard Graduate School of Business
- Sally Baack, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Daniela Balkanska, Ph.D., University of California Irvine
- Paul Beckman, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Geoffrey Desa, Ph.D., University of Washington
- John Dopp, D.A., Miami University (Ohio)
- Jodi Duke, Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- Jamie Eng, D. Sc., Harvard University
- David Franz, Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- Scott I. Jerris, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Leigh Jin, Ph.D., Georgia State University
- Jay [Jai S.] Kang, Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- Minu Kumar, Ph.D., University of Mississippi
- George Lee, Ph.D., Fresno State University
- John McWilliams, Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Kathy O'Donnell, Ph.D., Miami University (Ohio)
- Bruce Paton, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz
- Bruce Robertson, Ph.D., University of Toledo
- Glenn Snyder, University of San Francisco
- Yuli Su, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Gerardo R. Ungson, Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- Robin M. Wagner, The Ohio State University
- Yim-Yu Wong, Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Nini Yang, Ph.D., State University of New York-Buffalo
Contact UsAlbert Koo, BGS Coordinator,
email@example.com Student Services Center, BUS 112
College of Business
San Francisco Sate University
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco CA 94132
- Albert Koo, BGS Coordinator
- Linda Oubré, Dean, College of Business